You know how it is, when you’re running, that your mind slips out of gear and the answers to questions, problems, issues, challenges seem to form themselves out of fresh air. So it was with this list.
- Having the right kit will take you a long way.
- It will also make it easier.
- Putting one foot in front of the other will take you anywhere. No matter how slowly.
- Having focus and determination makes life rich.
- So does slowing down to smell the roses, say a cheery hello to folks on the way, and watching the changing seasons.
- Sometimes it’s about speed.
- Sometimes it’s about going the distance. Mostly it’s about getting out there and doing it.
- Rest is important.
- Sometimes the energy you need is there for you. Sometimes you have to dig deep to find it. But it’s always worthwhile.
- Listening to your body is important.
- Your most important and creative thoughts, ideas and solutions can come along when you’re concentrating on something else.
- Looking after your body, feeding it properly and treating it like a valued and beloved friend is important.
- Get the balance between looking into the distance and enjoying/managing the next few steps.
- Balance is key – good food and treats; running and rest; happiness and stress; my left foot and my right!
- My health is my greatest asset and I will do all I can to protect it.
Happy running and I’ll see you out there. Feel free to build an ‘All I need to know’ library of your own.